Hello friends! Do you know it is possible to borrow airtime from MTN? Yes? Ok!
Everyone knows it is possible! One can borrow credit from MTN if one is eligible but the problem is how to borrow airtime from MTN!
So, today I am going to show you how to borrow airtime on MTN in 2023! So, keep calm and read through! Teezab.com.ng got you covered!
Do you know MTN is one of the leading companies in terms of Network Provider in Nigeria and that it keeps growing every single day!
MTN is making everything simple for its users by making it possible to borrow airtime and pay back anytime one recharge!
Do you want to borrow airtime from MTN and they are not borrowing you? Well, I will explain to you today why they simply won’t borrow you!
Enough of the intro! Let’s get down to business!
How to borrow airtime from MTN 2023
How to borrow airtime from MTN is a service call MTN Xtratime!
If you want to know more details on How to transfer airtime from MTN to another MTN line, click here!
What is MTN Xtratime
MTN XtraTime is a service that allows you to borrow airtime on credit when you run out of airtime and payback on your next recharge.
- How to borrow airtime on Airtel
- How to borrow airtime on MTN
- How to borrow airtime on GLO
- How to borrow airtime on 9mobile/Etisalat
- How to borrow data From MTN
- How to borrow data From GLO
- How to borrow data From Airtel
- How to borrow data From Etisalat/9mobile
XtraTime service Eligibility and Requirements
- Be a Prepaid customer
- Have registered your phone number
- Have been on the MTN network for more than 3 months
- Have spent at least N200 monthly for 3 months
- Have between N0 and N75 in your main account
- Paid-up any outstanding XtraTime loan request
This simply means you have to an MTN users to be able to use MTN Xtratime and that alone doesn’t cut it you know? You should have spent at least N200 monthly for good three months and if you have less than N0 on your MTN line, you will not be borrowed airtime because that simply means you are already owing Airtime! Also, if you have more than N75 on your phone, you are not eligible as well! Hope you understand?
Things to know before you borrow credit on MTN
- Only 85% of the airtime borrowed will be disbursed into your MTN account and 15% will be held for service fee.
- There are different credit bands available to different customers, depending on the Customer’s profile (tenure on network, spend frequency, etc). Available credit bands include:
- N25 Xtratime
- N50 Xtratime
- N100 Xtratime
- N200 Xtratime
- N400 Xtratime
- N500 Xtratime
- N750 Xtratime
- N1,000 Xtratime
- N1,500 Xtratime
- N2,000 Xtratime
- N3,000 Xtratime
- N5,000 Xtratime
- Anytime you recharge, the outstanding borrowed airtime will first be deducted without prior notice to the user.
- You must be 18 or 18+ years to use the MTN Xtratime service.
- You will not be able to transfer airtime from your Xtratime account USING MTN Share and sell.
- Xtratime airtime can be used for all chargeable activities on the MTN network
How to Borrow Airtime From MTN | USSD Code to Borrow Airtime
To borrow Airtime on MTN, follow the following simple guidelines;
- Dial *303#
- Select Xtratime
- Choose the amount of airtime you want to borrow
- Select “confirm”.
A message will be sent to you notifying you of the successful transaction and note that only 85% of the amount you borrowed will be disbursed into your Xtratime account while the remaining 15% will be charged as service fee!
Also you can borrow airtime from MTN by dialing 303.
How to borrow Airtime From MTN via 303 IVR
- Dial 303
- The system will ask you which language you want (something like for English press 1, for Hausa press 2, for Yoruba press 3…)
- After pressing you preferred language, it will still ask you Xtratime or xtrabyte, you will select Xtratime
- After that, the system will now play out the amount of money you can borrow
- After selecting your preferred amount, the system will then play an announcement with the amount you are about to borrow and the applicable service fee for you to confirm the transaction.
- Once you confirm your transaction, the system will deduct the service fee, credit your XtraTime account with the remaining airtime balance and send you a successful notification message.
Do you know you need to change your default MTN airtime Transfer PIN before you do transfer? Also, if you need to change your PIN anytime! See How to change MTN airtime Transfer PIN here!
How to check your Xtratime account balance
Now that you know how to borrow airtime on MTN, what left is how do you then check your Xtratime account balance?
Most people search it online and for you to be here, you also want to know it! Well, if you come here for how to borrow airtime from MTN only, then know that this is an extra tip for you!
So, how do you check your Xtratime account balance? Of course it is very simple if one is guided rightly!
Follow these simple steps to check the amount of the credit left in your borrowed airtime account;
- Dial *303#
- Select 2 (my account)
- After that, select 3 (account balance)
Once you select 3, your outstanding borrowed airtime will pop up and that is also the amount left on your Xtratime account!
- How to Migrate to MTN Pulse
- How to Migrate to MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid
- How to migrate to MTN Pulse
- How to migrate to MTN XtraSpecial Postpaid
- How to migrate to MTN BetaTalk
- How to migrate to MTN XtraValue
- How to migrate to MTN XtraValue Carte
- How to migrate to MTN Awuf4U
- How to Migrate to MTN YafunYafun
- How to migrate to MTN TruTalk
I am sure this post has answered your search intent but if you still have any questions to ask, please feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible!
If you feel this article is helpful, do share with friends using the share button below!
Follow our Facebook page!