HOW TO LINK NIN TO MTN
Being one of the major components for the people to enjoy the utilities and services provided by the telecommunication companies, the subscribers identification module (SIM) is one of the major targets and used in different criminal offenses such as impersonation and cyber frauds.
In order to ensure the safety and security of its citizens, the federal government has made the national identity number (NIN) the primary digital identity for all sectors, in which telecommunications are not left out.
The NIN under the issuance, operative, and maintenance of the National identity Management commission (NIMC) is a unique number that is matched with your biometric data and other personal details on the national identity database during verifications and authentications.
To this effect, the national communication commission (NCC) issued a directive in a statement from the corporation’s vice chairman,Prof Umar Garba Dambatta signed by the NCC Director public affairs, Dr Ikechukwu Adinde, that all sim cards should be linked to the owner’s National identity number (NIN), giving a deadline of 31st of March, 2022 and failure to do so will attract a penalty of getting your sim blocked.
Has MTN banned your sim? Yes? Do not worry, I will take you through the steps to get it unbanned! So, stick with me while I put you through!
I will advise you not to skip any part of this article because every part of this article is essential for you to know if you want to get your MTN Sim get unbanned!
At the moment, I know some questions will be popping in your mind! Questions like, how will I get my NIN linked with my MTN line? What is MTN NIN Code? How to check NIN number on MTN? NIN Registration! Well, how to link NIN to MTN is very easy and straightforward if you follow this post to the end!
Before I go, you might be interested in the following articles! Are you looking for cheap data? Well, click the following link to get the cheapest data on MTN, GLO and AIRTEL!
How To Register for NIN
The first thing that comes to your mind is how will I even get this NIN? Well, if you haven’t registered for you NIN, then follow the following steps very carefully to register;
For those who are yet to register for their NIN, you can visit the NIMC enrolment centres or your preferred network provider centres to register your National Identification Number.
Here’s a quick guide to register for NIN:
- Fill up the NIMC pre-enrolment form online by visiting Pre Enrolment Portal, download and print Pre Enrolment Slip.
- Submit your application at the nearest NIMC Registration Centre.
- NIN issuance.
How To get NIN on MTN
If you have registered already but you have forgotten you NIN, You can get your NIN from your mobile number used during registration by dialing *346#, follow the directive by pressing 1, a one time notification will pop up showing your NIN. You will be charged #20 for checking.
Note; the #20 will not be deducted if you have not registered or you’re using an unregistered sim.
HoW To Retrieve My NIN Slip
What if I had lost my NIN Slip? Do not panic! Incase of misplaced NIN slip, you can get another one at any of the NIMC enrollment centers (ECRs) by providing your payment teller after paying a sum of #500 through REMITA. They will issue a new one with the same national identity number (NIN) and previously provided details.
How can I Change my Name on NIN Slip
If you have been troubled by the fact that you entered wrong details in your NIN Slip, do not worry! You can correct it!
You will surely need to visit any of the NIMC centers, as they will need different details (like affidavit from the court) depending on the error you wish to amend. The NIMC official will surely guide you through.
How To Link NIN To MTN
“How to link NIN to my MTN LINE?” The very much awaited question is here. Well, of course there are different options for you to link your NIN to your MTN SIM depending on your comfortability and choice. Here, I will give you four ways to link you NIN to your MTN line;
Four Ways To Link your NIN to MTN
The following ways are the ways you can link your NIN to your MTN Sim; using USSD, using the MyMTN app, linking from MTN NIN Portal and through the NIMC Mobile ID application.
LinK NIN To MTN SIM Using USSD Code
Of course, this is the simplest and easiest way to link your NIN to your MTN line! The Code to link you NIN to your MTN SIM is *785# and it works with only MTN line and no other network service provider!
Even if you have different phone numbers, you will link them to your NIN by dialing *785#, then follow the directive that follows by inputting your NIN and submitting.
If you already have you NIN, then dial *785*NIN# from the phone number you wish to link your NIN to.
Note that if you get an error message, it might be network problem! So, just wait for few seconds and retry!
Link NIN to MTN Using MTN NIN Portal
- Visit MTN online NIN portal
- Fill in your First Name, Last Name, Middle Name (optional), Phone Number, National Identification Number, Email Number.
- Then “submit”.
Link NIN to MTN using myMTN App
Here is another means for you to link your NIN to your MTN line;
- downloading myMTN app on your google play stores or ignore if you already have the app on your mobile phone.
- Kindly login on your app using your phone number and click proceed to submit your NIN details (MTN number, Notification email and your National Identification Number).
- Then click submit.
Link NIN To MTN using NIMC App
Are you still facing difficulty using all the three mentioned above? Or this is simply your choice? Either way, do not worry! Here I will take you guide you through!
NIMC has launched an app which should enable you to link up to seven numbers to a NIN. To access the NIMC Mobile App, visit nimcmobile.app (available for ios and Androids).
Follow these simple steps to link your NIN to your MTN line using NIMC App;
- First, download the ‘MWS: NIMC MobileID’ application on Google Play Store for Android devices or App Store for iOS devices.
- Launch the application and insert your NIN and phone number. An OTP is sent to your phone number for verification (OTP is valid for 30 minutes).
- Once that’s out of the way, you’ll be required to create a 6 digit password/PIN. You will always need that 6-digit PIN to sign in to your NIMC mobile app dashboard.
- On your dashboard, select the LINK MY NUMBERS option to add and validate your MTN line. You can add up to 7 mobile numbers using this application and an OTP is required to verify all numbers added.
With this post, I can confidently say I have answered your question to the utmost satisfaction but if by any chance you still have any question, kindly drop it in the comment section below!
You don’t need to fear being banned or blocked from using your sim, since you already know how to link your NIN to your MTN SIM, just follow the aforementioned directives and your sim will be successfully linked.
- How to Migrate to MTN Pulse
- How to Migrate to MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid
- How to migrate to MTN Pulse
- How to migrate to MTN XtraSpecial Postpaid
- How to migrate to MTN BetaTalk
- How to migrate to MTN XtraValue
- How to migrate to MTN XtraValue Carte
- How to migrate to MTN Awuf4U
- How to Migrate to MTN YafunYafun
- How to migrate to MTN TruTalk
- How to Check Airtel Number
- How to Check Glo Number
- How to Check 9mobile Number
- How to Check MTN Number
If you like this post,HOW TO LINK NIN TO MTN SIM, kindly use the share button to share with friends!
Follow us on our Facebook page and we will keep you updated!
His Name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale. He is a student at the University of Ilorin studying Electrical and Electronics Engineering. He likes to give the latest updates about Nigeria and international institutions as he aims at helping people to lay their hands on the right information.