AAUW International Fellowship Program: Read this article carefully if you are interested in a full scholarship to attend a prestigious US university. AAUW International Fellowship Program, its benefits, and the detailed application process are all covered in this article.
AAUW Fellowship Program 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship. This scholarship is offered by The American Association of University Women, USA. International students from all world countries are eligible to apply. This scholarship is only available for graduate and post graduate studies in any subject offered by university. AAUW Fellowship Program covers $20,000 to $50,000 per year, contingent upon meeting academic standards for renewal.
AAUW (the American Association of University Women) awards International Fellowships for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions are supported.
Originally designed to provide Latin American women opportunities for graduate and postgraduate study in the U.S., the International Fellowships program awarded its first fellowship in 1917. The program now includes women from around the world, and International Fellowships have been awarded to more than 3,600 women from more than 150 nations.
- Level of Study: Masters, Doctoral, Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): The American Association of University Women
- Study in: USA
- Opens: August 1 every year
- Deadline: November 15 every year
- Program Period: Fellowship year: July 1, 2023–June 30, 2024
- Courses Offered:
- Business and Finance Studies
- Computer Science & IT
- Creative Arts and Design
- Social Studies and Media
- Environmental Sciences
- General Sciences
- Health Studies
- Agriculture and Veterinary
- Applied and Pure Sciences
- Architecture & Construction
- Education and Training
- Mining and Oil & Gas Operations
- Travel and Hospitality
- Cultural and Critical Studies
- Regional Studies
- Religious Studies
- Film & Television
- Gender and women’s studies
- Global studies
AAUW Fellowship provide the recipients with below benefits:
- Award Amounts:
- Master’s/first professional degree: $20,000
- Doctoral: $25,000
- Postdoctoral: $50,000
- International Fellowship funds are available for:-
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10 percent of the fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria for AAUW Fellowship
To be eligible for AAUW Fellowship , applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries except USA
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a non immigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2022.
- Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career.
- Be proficient in English. Unless the applicant can verify that her native language is English (written statement required), that she received her secondary diploma or undergraduate degree from an English-speaking institution (transcript required), or that she will have completed one semester of full-time study in her discipline at an English-speaking college or university between November 2019 and November 2021 (transcript required), she must upload a recent ETS TOEFL* (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score. Institutional TOEFL scores and other English proficiency test scores (such as IELTS) will not be accepted. Minimum score acceptable: 550 for Paper-Based Test; 79 for Internet-Based Test ; 60 for Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2022, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application.
- Master’s/first professional degree fellowships are intended for master’s or professional degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., etc.
- Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2021; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
- A limited number of awards are available to GWI members for study or research in any country other than their own. Note that foreign branches of U.S. institutions are considered outside of the U.S.
- Applicants must be conducting a full year of study or research. International Fellowships do not provide funding for a partial year of study or research. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral fellowships support traditional classroom-based courses of study at colleges or universities. This fellowship program does not provide funding for distance-learning or online programs or for degrees heavily dependent on distance-learning components. Final decisions about what constitutes distance learning under these fellowships will be made by AAUW.
How to Apply for AAUW Fellowship
Please follow below important steps to avail AAUW Fellowship:
- Prepare the following documents:
- Three recommenders who are professors or professional colleagues well acquainted with you, your work, and your academic background, in striving towards scholarly pursuits.m dossier services.
- Proof of highest degree.
- Proof of current enrollment (currently-enrolled applications only).
- Proof of bachelor’s degree.
- Proof of doctorate or M.F.A. degree (postdoctoral applicants only).
- Official report of TOEFL test scores or waiver request.
- Letter of admission.
- Pass the eligibility quiz to be reviewed by the selection panel.
- Complete the application then submit it.
- Also Apply for DAAD Scholarship and get a monthly payment of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
For more information on the AAUW International Fellowship Program, kindly visit their Official Website.
More Scholarships below;
- Top 26 Scholarships in USA for International Students 2023/2024
- Auburn University Scholarships 2023-2024
- Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research 2023-2024
- Harvard University MBA Scholarship 2023-2024
- Musser Fellowship in Entrepreneurial Studies 2023-2024
- Fairleigh Dickinson University Scholarships 2023-2024
- University of Mississippi Scholarship 2023-2024
- University of Miami Stamps Scholarship 2023-2024
- Jefferson Scholars Foundation National Fellowship 2023-2024
- Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarship 2023-2024
- Cornell University Scholarship for International Students 2023-2024
- Berea College Scholarships for International Students 2023-2024
- Boston University Presidential Scholarship 2023-2024
- Treasure Scholarship 2023/2024 | Boise State University USA
- Fully Funded HAAA Scholarship 2023/2024
- Fully Funded Clark University Scholarships 2023/2024
- Fully Funded Rotary Peace Fellowships 2023/2024
- Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program 2023/2024
- ACI Foundation Scholarship 2023/2024
- AAUW International Fellowship Program 2023/2024
- University of Minnesota Fellowship 2023/2024
- University of Memphis Scholarships 2023/2024
- University of New Haven Scholarship 2023/2024
- Yale University Scholarship 2023/2024
- Fully Funded Stanford University Scholarship 2023
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarship 2023
His Name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale. He is a student at the University of Ilorin studying Electrical and Electronics Engineering. He likes to give the latest updates about Nigeria and international institutions as he aims at helping people to lay their hands on the right information.