The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has asked for applications from eligible Nigerians into the Basic Military Training Course (BMTC 44/2023).
The portal for recruitment was opened on Monday, October 30, 2023, and will close December 11, 2023.
A post on the NAF’s X official handle reads: “Join Nigeria Air Force as a member of Basic Military Training Course (BMTC 44/2023).
“Interested and qualified applications are to apply free of charge online at
Online registration starts on 30 October 2023 and closes on 11 December 2023.”
Difference Between NAF DSSC & BMTC Recruitment Exercise
The Nigerian Airforce recruitment exercise can be categorized into DSSC and BMTC Recruitment.
BMTC Recruitment is a Short Training period for recruits to become Airmen and airwomen, and the training is less than six months.
DSSC Recruitment is for degree holders who specialize in a specific discipline, and those shortlisted would be commissioned into the rank of flying officer.
The last category of recruitment is the Regular Combatant. Below are outlines for differences between the three categories.
Age limit: 17 years old and not more than 21 years old
Duration: 5 years[4 years of both academic and military training and one year of dedicated military training)
Outcome: Bachelor’s Degree and a presidential commission to the rank of Second Lieutenant in the Nigerian Army (NA), Midship Man in the Nigerian Navy (NN), and Flying Officer in the Nigerian Air Force (NAF).
Direct Short Service Commission[DSSC]
Age Limit: None
Duration: 6 months
Outcome: Successful candidates are commissioned into the rank of Flying Officer.
Basic Military Training Course
Age Limit: 18 and 22 For Non-Tradesmen and 18 and 25 for Tradesmen and Women
Duration: 1 to 6 months
Outcome: Would become Tradesmen & Tradeswomen respectively
Procedures To Apply For NAF Recruitment[BMTC& DSSC] Exercise
Application for both Nigerian Airforce[NAF] BMTC and DSSC recruitment exercises would be made via the online recruitment portal nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng. Immediately after any application forms are released, visit the portal, click on the specific category you’re interested in, and create an account on the application portal.
Core Requirements Applicants Need To Possess To Be Eligible For NAF 2023 Recruitment
The requirement needed depends on the category of recruitment that is being done. During the BMTC Recruitment, the essentials required would be higher than the ones needed for the DSSC Recruitment. Below is the summary of requirements applicants must possess to be eligible for the next recruitment exercise:
- Nationality: Applicant must be a Nigerian by birth with a means of identification to prove this.
- Age Requirements: All applicants must be at least 18 before applying and almost 22 years old, especially for the BMTC Recruitment exercise. The only exception to this age is for Medical Consultants[25-40 years] and Chaplains/Imams[20 – 32 years].
- Height Requirements: The minimum height for male applicants is 1.65m, while the minimum height for female applicants is 1.63m. You will be updated once the form is released if there is a minimum chest requirement for male applicants.
- Qualifications Needed: Applicants are expected to possess a Second Class Upper Division for holders of the First Degree and Upper Credit for HND holders.
- Olevel Result: Possession of an Olevel result with a minimum of at least five credits in relevant subjects(including English and Mathematics) is vital or important.
- Medical Fitness: Applicants must be medically fit before applying
- Local Government Area Attestation Form
- Relationship Status: Before applying, applicants are expected to be single; also, pregnant women are prohibited from applying.[Note this is for the BMTC applicants]
- For BMTC Applicants alone: After applying, you would be expected to printout an acknowledgment slip, Attestation of Parent / Guardians Form, and Local Government Area Attestation Form
- A Bank Verification Number[BVN] is needed
The Nigerian Airforce recruitment application form is free of charge, so avoid sites claiming to be portals of NAF that charge you. Please pay attention to all the information provided here to know what it takes to apply for the next recruitment exercise and how to make the shortlist.