Is Mass Communication A Good Course To Study In Nigeria – Are you a student who want to study Mass Communication in any tertiary institutions available In Nigeria, you are at the right blog post which gives vivid information on if mass communication is a good course to study?
In this article, we will explore the phrase “is mass communication a good course to study in Nigeria?” and some of the required step to study Mass communication.
Is Mass Communication a good course to study in Nigeria?
Yes, mass communication is a good course to study in Nigeria. It is a versatile and dynamic field of study that equips students with the skills and knowledge to succeed in various industries. One of the advantages of studying Mass Communication in Nigeria is that it provides students with a wide range of career opportunities. Graduates can work in the media industry, public relations, advertising, corporate communication, and many more.
Check This: Is English A Good Course To Study?
Why you should study Mass Communication
There are several reasons why you should study Mass Communication. One of the reasons is that mass communication provides students with a wide range of career opportunities. Graduates can work in the media industry, public relations, advertising, corporate communication, and many more.
Another reason is that Mass Communication is an important field of study in society. The media plays a critical role in shaping public opinion, and Mass Communication provides students with the necessary tools to understand and influence media discourse. By studying Mass Communication, students can develop the skills and knowledge to promote accuracy and objectivity in the media.
Requirements to study Mass Communication in Nigeria
To study Mass Communication in Nigerian Universities, students must meet certain JAMB/WAEC cut off marks and requirements. Firstly, students must have at least five credits in their WAEC or NECO results, including English Language and Mathematics. Secondly, students must have a JAMB score of at least 260 to be eligible to study Mass Communication in Nigerian universities.
In addition to the JAMB/WAEC requirements, some universities may have specific subject combinations for Mass Communication. For example, some universities may require students to have a credit in Literature in English or Government. It is important for students to check the specific requirements of their chosen universities before applying.
Check Also: Is Law A Good Course To Study In Nigeria?
Federal Universities That Offer Mass Communication In Nigeria
Here are the Federal Universities & Federal Poly in Nigeria that offer Mass Communication:
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Bayero University, Kano
- Federal University, Lafia
- Federal University, Otuoke
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi
- Federal University, Dutse
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma
- Federal University, Gashua
- Federal University, Gusau
- Federal University, Kashere
- Federal University, Lokoja
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
- Federal University, Wukari
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- National Open University of Nigeria
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- University of Abuja, Abuja
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Calabar, Calabar
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos, Jos
- University of Lagos, Akoka
- University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port-Harcourt, Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo, Uyo
- Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna (FUTMINNA)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE)
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri (NEKEDEPOLY)
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti (ADOPOLY)
- Federal polytechnic OFFA.
In conclusion, Mass Communication is a good course to study in Nigeria. It provides students with a wide range of career opportunities and equips them with valuable skills that can be applied in various industries. However, students should be aware of the challenges associated with studying Mass Communication, such as the lack of practical experience and high level of competition in the job market. By focusing on acquiring practical skills and building