Established as Nigeria’s premier higher education institution, the University of Ibadan (UI) boasts a legacy that is steeped in tradition and academic distinction. Tracing its roots to the establishment of Yaba College in 1932, the university’s journey from its earliest days in Yaba, Lagos, to its emergence as the University College of Ibadan in 1948, has been nothing short of transformative. Officially founded on its own terrain on 17 November 1948, UI, or as it is fondly referred to, Unibadan, has continuously upheld its reputation for academic rigor and excellence.
Founded as Nigeria’s beacon of educational excellence, the University of Ibadan (UI) remains a top choice for numerous academic aspirants. As the 2023/2024 academic session approaches, it’s crucial for prospective students to be well-informed about the institution’s post UTME and direct entry screening processes.
Prospective students, take note! The University of Ibadan’s admission portal will become accessible for post-UTME registration from Monday, 23 October 2023 to Friday, 17 November 2023.
It’s worth stressing that the deadline is absolute. Extensions, if any, are rare. Hence, candidates failing to submit their bio-data or O/level results within this window will unfortunately be ineligible for the subsequent stages of the screening and admission processes.
As The University of Ibadan, is set to open its gates to aspirants for the 2023/2024 academic session you might be asking what does the Post UTME and Direct Entry screening entail? What are the eligibility criteria and vital dates to mark? Delve deeper to stay informed and navigate your admission journey efficiently.
Registration period: 23 October to 17 November 2023
Eligibility: Scored 200 in UTME, specific age and academic criteria based on courses.
How to apply: Log in using JAMB Reg number, pay fees, complete bio-data form.
Fees: N3,000 portal access fee, N2,000 screening fee.
Contact Details: Provide valid email and phone numbers
Exam Schedule: 27 November to 01 December 2023, specific dates would be communicated.
Resources: UI post UTME past questions and answers available.
Eligibility Criteria for UI Post UTME Screening
Before embarking on the registration process, candidates must meet specific criteria:
- The institution should be their first choice in the recent UTME, and they must have achieved a minimum score of 200.
- Age is also a consideration; candidates should be at least sixteen (16) years old when accepting the admission. Those younger will have to defer their admission by a year.
- For aspirants to the College of Medicine and Faculty of Pharmacy, obtaining five credits in one sitting in pertinent O/level subjects is compulsory. Meanwhile, candidates for other programmes can present two O/level results but should have a minimum of six credits in related subjects.
- Importantly, UI recognises only WAEC, NECO, and ICGS as well as specific advanced level certificates for direct entry. They do not acknowledge IJMB and JUPEP. Prospective students should consult the official list of matriculating subjects university regulations for comprehensive details.
Guide to UI Post UTME Form Registration
To register, candidates should:
- Navigate to the Admission Portal.
- Log in using their Jamb Registration Number as a username and surname in lowercase as a password.
- Pay a portal access fee of N3,000.00 and a screening fee of N2,000.00. Payment can be made using credit/debit cards, direct bank payments using portal print-outs, or internet banking. Ensure a valid phone number and email address are provided.
- After successful payment, print the receipt, fill the bio-data form, submit, and then print the confirmation.
It’s essential to follow the above guidelines meticulously to ensure a smooth registration process.
For further preparation, it’s advisable to review the University of Ibadan Post UTME Past Questions and Answers.
2023/2024 JAMB Cut-Off Mark: What You Need to Know
With a new academic session on the horizon, prospective students are keenly waiting for the all-important admission criteria details. This guide sheds light on the JAMB cut-off marks for the 2023/2024 academic session.
For those setting their academic sights on the University of Ibadan, understanding the admission criteria is paramount.
UI’s Universal Cut-Off Point
For the forthcoming academic year, the University of Ibadan has established a cut-off mark for a spectrum of degree courses. The set benchmark is 200. Hence, only those aspirants who have secured at least 200 in their JAMB examinations stand eligible for the UI post UTME screening process.
The University of Ibadan (UI) has outlined the procedures for undergraduate accommodation fee payments for the 2022/2023 session. Payments are to be made via www.remita.net by selecting “ACCOMMODATION UNDERGRADUATE” as the purpose. Freshers will pay N60,000, returning UI students N45,000, while returning ABH occupants are charged N60,000. Always use the student’s name for payments.
Step-by-Step Payment Guide
- Access Remita: Visit the official Remita platform at www.remita.net.
- Payment Selection: Click on the option “Pay TSA & State”.
- Government Selection: Opt for “FGN: Federal Government of Nigeria”.
- Institution Payment: In the “Who do you want to Pay” section, select “University of Ibadan – 1000107”.
- Purpose of Payment: Under “Name of service/Purpose”, select “ACCOMMODATION UNDERGRADUATE”.
- GIFMIS Code: Enter the code “0000”.
- Personal Details: Fill out the remaining sections as they pertain to you.
Payment Details & Notes
- Freshers (New Students): N60,000
- Returning Students (UI only): N45,000
- Returning Students (ABH Occupants): N60,000
- The payer’s name must be the student’s name. Do not use the names of relatives or guardians.
- It’s crucial to accurately select the correct “NAME OF SERVICE/PURPOSE” (as mentioned in step 5). Additionally, ensure you pick the right amount relevant to your status. Payments made into the wrong fee category will not be refunded.
In Conclusion, UI’s reputation as Nigeria’s foremost university is well-deserved, with its commitment to maintaining high academic standards. This guide is intended to assist prospective students in navigating the admission landscape for the 2023/2024 academic session, ensuring they are well-prepared and informed. As the next generation of scholars sets their sights on UI, they can be confident in the knowledge and opportunities awaiting them at this esteemed institution.
I hope this article was helpful enough!