Hello Friend! We bring to you The Gates Scholarships Program 2022-2023! Do you wish to study in the United States of America USA? Here is a chance for you! TEEZAB will give you everything you need to know about The Gates Scholarships Program 2022-2023! So, stay with me while I break this down for you!
Study In USA
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. According to research, a last-dollar scholarship can help high-potential, low-income minority students finish college, thrive in their coursework, and go on to lead their communities for the rest of their lives by removing the financial barriers to higher education.
In addition to providing financial aid, The Gates Scholarship will support scholars by interacting with them and their institutions in a variety of ways to make sure they have access to the tools and services they require from the first to the last day of classes, through graduation, and the transition to their desired careers.
Applications for the Gates Scholarships (TGS) program are now open for the academic year 2022-2023. Every year, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation awards 300 students who intend to study in the United States.
About the Gates Scholarships
LEVEL : Bachelor.
DEADLINE : September, 15, 2022.
FINANCING : Last dollar scholarship.
OPEN TO : US citizen, national, or permanent resident.
The Gates Scholarships Program 2022-2023 Eligibility
To be eligible for the Gates scholarship, you need to be:
- A high school senior.
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American,
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident.
- A minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
Besides these criteria, an ideal candidate the Gates Scholarships program must shows:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class).
- Leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities).
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.).
- The candidate must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
How to Apply for International Excellence Scholarships at University of Kansas, USA
Those who wish to apply, must create an account (myTGS Profile) on the Gates scholarships website and follow the required steps.
The myTGS Profile is your portal for everything related to the Gates Scholarship. This includes the application, and – if selected as a Scholar – all associated support services, such as mentoring; academic support; career and internship guidance, advice, and opportunities; financial literacy; and more.
Students will need to upload the following documents, which will be requested at various points during the application process.
- A copy of his/her most recent transcript(s) (submitted by counselor).
- Student Aid Report (SAR), once the FAFSA has been completed.
- Financial Aid Award Letter.
- Letter of admission to a four-year bachelor’s degree program at a not-for-profit, private or public university.
- Headshot photo.
Eligible Country: International.
Deadline: 15th September 2022.
Benefits of the grant: Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance* that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
*Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS HERE!
For more Scholarship updates, simply hit the bell icon on the screen and click on subscribe. Also, you can follow our Facebook page!
His Name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale. He is a student at the University of Ilorin studying Electrical and Electronics Engineering. He likes to give the latest updates about Nigeria and international institutions as he aims at helping people to lay their hands on the right information.