For students aspiring for a scholarship scheme that covers their tuition this is a must read. Various schools have openings for applying for a scholarship and below are the exceptional one you can choose from and make a go at. Listed below are prestigious institutions who are offering scholarships this year:
2023 NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship Award
The 2023 NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship Award is sponsored by the Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCO).
The scholarship aims to promote academic excellence and improve young Nigerians’ skills.
It provides yearly grants to successful applicants from their second year to the completion of their undergraduate degree programme.
- Be a Nigerian citizen.
- Be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian University accredited by the NUC.
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in a 5-grade system or the equivalent in other grade systems and Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity in the Oil and Gas industry, National or International.
Application deadline :
10th November 2023
The scholarship is worth N150,000 every year till graduation.
Nestle Nigeria Scholarship
Nestlé Nigeria Scholarships are for Science and Technical Courses and are open to SS1 students only in specified secondary schools and First-year students only in accredited Universities and Polytechnics.
The beneficiaries are drawn from the company’s host communities (Obafemi Owode, Sagamu, and Agbara in Ogun State and Manderigi and Abaji in Federal Capital Territory).
- Be 100-level students only of accredited Universities and Polytechnics studying Science and Technical Courses
- Have obtained five credits in WASSCE OR NECO SSCE at one sitting in Mathematics, English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology + at least 200 in UTME/JAMB.
October 25, 2023
The scholarships covers :
- Full costs of tuition
- Living expenses
- Books and study materials.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship programme
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship programme is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and operated by the University of Cambridge.
Annually, the programme provides around 80 full-cost scholarships for exceptional candidates from outside the UK to pursue postgraduate degrees across various subjects at the University of Cambridge.
A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom Applying to pursue one of the following courses at the University of Cambridge: PhD (full-time or part-time*), MLitt (full-time) One-year postgraduate course (full-time), with some exceptions.
Applications for entry in the academic year 2024-25 opened in September 2023
Deadline: either 5 December 2023 or 4 January 2024
The scholarship covers: Full cost of studying at Cambridge Provides additional, discretionary funding.
The Yenching Academy Masters Scholarship
The Yenching Academy scholarship enrols approximately 120 new students from both the Chinese Mainland and abroad to study, live, and learn together.
International students comprise roughly 80% of the student body.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field or be currently enrolled in a Bachelor degree program and be on track to graduate no later than August 31, 2024.
- An outstanding academic record.
- Strong interest in the interdisciplinary study of China.
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential; English proficiency.
December 3, 2023 (12:00 noon Beijing time).
The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- One round-trip travel fare Field
Important documents to prepare for scholarships
When applying for scholarships, you must prepare important documents to support your application. The specific requirements may vary depending on the scholarship programme, so always check the scholarship provider’s website or contact them directly for precise instructions.
However, some common documents you should prepare include:
- Personal statement or essay Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) Transcripts Letters of recommendation Proof of enrollment Test scores.
- Copy of your passport or identification Proof of citizenship or residency, etc
- Note: Read the scholarship application guidelines thoroughly; some scholarships may have unique requirements or special documents they want you to provide.
- Always keep copies of the documents you submit, and make sure to meet the scholarship application deadlines.
Arrange your application to each scholarship’s specific requirements and emphasize your strengths and qualifications to increase your chances of success for the scholarship.