About Federal University of Technology Akure FUTA
While aspiring for an institution, it is good to at least know a little about the institution as some institutions do ask questions regarding the school in their post utme exam.
Among the questions they can ask is who is the present Vice-chancellor of the school, when was the school founded, who was the first Vice-chancellor of the school etc.
So, here I will be providing you with the things you need to know about the federal University of Technology Akure FUTA.
Also, I will recommend some links that link to FUTA cut off marks, FUTA school fees, list of courses in FUTA and others. Do take your time to go through them as they are very important! They are the basic things you need to know if you are aspiring to study a particular course in FUTA.
See list of universities in Nigeria here!
I mean, you want to study Electrical Engineering now, at the very least, you have to know the subject combination, the cut off mark (both general and Departmental), the school fees for your aspiring course. I hope you get it?
Without wasting much time, let’s get to the About Federal University of Technology Akure
The Federal University of Technology Akure (also known as FUT Akure or simply FUTA) was established in 1981 as part of a government of Nigeria initiative to establish universities that specialized in generating graduates with both practical and theoretical knowledge of technology.
See other institutions’ cut off mark here!
Federal University of Technology Akure FUTA is one of the best schools in Nigeria.
Webometrics has placed Federal University of Technology Akure as Nigeria’s 8th best university and best university of technology as of January 2020.
They are among the cheapest universities in Nigeria and that doesn’t have anything to do with their academic excellence. Academically, the Federal University of Technology Akure FUTA is strong!
- FUTA school fees 2022/2023 | New & Returning Students
- FUTA Cut-off Mark 2022/2023 | Jamb & Departmental
- List of Courses in FUTA
Federal University of Technology Akure
|Motto||Technology for Self Reliance|
|Chancellor||Alhaji (Dr.) Umar Faruk II, the Emir of Katagum|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Joseph Fuwape|
|Location||Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria|
Schools in Federal University of Technology Akure FUTA
See school fees of other institutions here!
The university has nine Schools which are;
- School of Science (SOS)
- General Studies
- Industrial Mathematics
- School of Earth and Mineral Sciences (SEMS)
- Applied Geophysics
- Applied Geology
- Marine Science & Technology
- Remote Sensing & GIS
- School of Environmental Technology (SET)
- Estate Management
- Industrial Design
- Quantity Surveying
- Surveying & Geoinformatics
- Urban & Regional Planning
- School of Engineering and Engineering Technology (SEET)
- Agricultural & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Information & Communication Technology
- Industrial & Production Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
See Unilorin school fees here!
- School of Agricultural and Agricultural Technology (SAAT)
- Animal Production and Health
- Agricultural & Resource Economics
- Crop, Soil and Pest Management
- Food Science and Technology
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology
- Forestry and Wood Technology
- Ecotourism and Wildlife Management
- Agricultural Extension and Communication Technology
- School of Management Technology (SMAT)
- Business Administration
- Entrepreneurship Management Technology
- Project Management Technology
- Transport Management Technology
- School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS)
- School of Health and Health Technology (SHHT)
- Medicine and Surgery MBBS (Newly accredited)
- Biomedical Technology
- School of Computing (SOC)
- Computer Science (CSC)
- Information Systems (IFS)
- Cyber Security (CYS)
- Information Technology (IFT)
- Software Engineering (SEN)
See about other institutions here!
FUTA Past and Present Vice-chancellors
The following are the Vice-chancellors of the Federal University of Technology Akure since 1981;
- Professor Theodore Idibiye Francis,FAS (Late) – 1981 – 1987
- Prof. Albert Adeoye Ilemobade, JP – 1987 – 1995
- Prof. Lawrence Babatope Kolawole, FNIP – 1996 – 1999
- Prof. Ekundayo Adeyinka Adeyemi FNIA (Acting) – JAN 2000 – Sept. 2001
- Prof. Robert Adebowale Ogunsusi FNSP (Acting)(Late) – Oct 2001- Dec. 2001
- Prof. Peter Olufemi Adeniyi, OON – 2002 – 2006
- Prof. Adebisi M. Balogun FFS – 2007 – 2012
- Prof. Emmanuel Adebayo Fashakin – Feb – May 2012
- Prof. Gregory Daramola – May 2012 – March 2016
- Professor Joseph Fuwape – 2016 till present
Acting – temporarily doing the duties of another person.
Late – No longer alive.
If you like this post Federal University of Technology Akure FUTA, kindly use the share button to share with friends!
Follow us on our Facebook page and we will keep you updated!
Are you interested in going through Physics Jamb past questions with better explanations of the answers? Click here!
His Name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale. He is a student at the University of Ilorin studying Electrical and Electronics Engineering. He likes to give the latest updates about Nigeria and international institutions as he aims at helping people to lay their hands on the right information.