Benue State University resumes its post UTME screening for the 2023/2024 admission exercise.
This was announced publicly on Wednesday 1st November 2023, candidates who choose BenueState University as their first choice are asked to register for the Post UTME / DE online in preparation for the admission exercise in the University .
The requirements for the screening excercise are as follows:
- Candidates must have made Benue State University their first choice or changed from other institutions to make Benue State University their first choice .
- Candidates must have five (5) O’ Level credit ( including Mathematics and English Language) at NOT MORE THAN TWO (2) SITTINGS be scored a minimum of 150 and above (220 and above for Medicine and Surgery, Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D) and Law), 200 and above for Nursing, Radiography and Radiation Science and Medical Laboratory Science) in the 2023 UTME
- Candidates who applied for Law but scored between 150 and 219 shall be considered for admission into other programs in the Faculties of Arts, Social Sciences and Education. Similarly candidates who applied for Medicine and Surgery, Nursing Science, Radiography and Radiation Science, Medical Laboratory Science and Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D) but scored between 150 and 219 shall be considered for any of Anatomy, Physiology and other allied science programs.
- Candidates for DE and UTME admission shall mandatorily upload both their O’ Level and higher qualifications on JAMB portal and register for the screening exercise of the university and
- Candidates who wish to be admitted into the Doctor of Pharmacy (new program) are advised to effect program change on jamb portal.
PROCEDURE FOR THE 2023/2024 PRE ADMISSION REGISTRATION/ SCREENING
- Visit https://www.bsum.edu.ng And click on “Admission” Menu
- Under “APPLICATIONS”, click on “Post UTME/DE”
- Enter you JAMB Registration number and click on “Verify”
- Once your status is is verified, click on “Proceed “ to access the E-Payment platforms where payments can be done Via cash at any bank of your choice or online using Quick Teller.
- All candidates are required to pay the sums of Two Thousand Naira (2000) Only for the screening
- After Payment, go on the BSU website and click on “Admissions” and on “Upload Documents for PUTME” where you can enter your registration number and proceed to complete the bio data and the required sections.
- Upload documents such as WAEC/NECO/NABTEB Certificates or statements of results (not online slips) as appropriate and
- Visit Academic Office if you are screened within the stipulated period.
In doing all these you should also bear in mind that the registration exercise starts on Friday, 3rd November and ends Saturday 2nd December, 2023.
It is mandatory for all candidates to upload their O’ Level/ A Level Results on JAMB portal, otherwise they will not be considered for admission.
Candidates can contact the the Academic Office for any additional information/ clarification on 08036369393