Have you applied to the Lagos State University (LASU) and are anxiously waiting to see if your dream of university life will start there this academic year?
Are you eagerly waiting to discover your fate with the LASU admission list for the 2023/2024 academic session?
What about the actions to take if you’re yet to be admitted?
Have you pondered over how to seamlessly navigate the LASU admission portal, or what steps to follow if your name graces the list?
We’ve got news for you, dive into the essential guide that answers all your queries about the next big step in your educational journey!
The LASU admission list for the 2023/2024 session has been published.
What Is the LASU Admission List?
The LASU admission list is a compilation of names of students who have been offered provisional entrance into various degree programmes at LASU. This includes Stream 1 candidates, who are enrolled in regular courses without Comprehensive Entrepreneurship Training, and Stream 2 candidates, who are part of the regular courses with the training.
How to Check Your Admission Status
Through the LASU Admission Portal
- Head over to the LASU admission portal at services.lidc.lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening/login.php.
- Input your JAMB registration number and surname in the required fields. Make sure you use uppercase for the alphabets in your registration number.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button to get to your LASU dashboard.
- There, look for and select the option to check your admission status.
If You’re Yet to Be Admitted
In case your name isn’t on the current list, don’t be disheartened. The admission list is released in batches, so it’s important to regularly visit the university’s website for updates.
After Admission: Next Steps
For those who’ve been selected, a hearty congratulations to you! Now, you must:
- Visit the Lagos State Admission Portal at services.lidc.lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening/login.php to accept the admission and take care of the necessary payments, including the Acceptance and Medical Fees. Ignoring these steps could mean you lose your spot.
Also, make sure to:
- Accept or reject your admission on the JAMB CAPS.
- Print out your JAMB admission letter after acceptance.
- If your course offer differs from what you applied for, apply for a change of course on the JAMB Portal.
Remember, all payments should be made online via www.lasu.edu.ng.
Checking Your Status on the JAMB Portal
You can also check your status on the JAMB admission status checking portal by:
- Going to https://efacility.jamb.gov.ng/.
- Logging in with your JAMB profile credentials.
- Scrolling to the ‘Check Admission Status’ tab.
- Selecting your exam year and entering your registration number.
- Clicking ‘Check Admission Status’ or ‘Access my CAPS’.
Congratulations on your admission to the Lagos State University (LASU)! As a newly admitted student into the vibrant academic community, one of your first formal steps is to address the matter of the LASU acceptance fee. Let’s walk through the process, ensuring you understand each stage clearly.
What is the LASU Acceptance Fee?
The acceptance fee is a mandatory charge that confirms your intention to accept the provisional admission offered to you. For the academic session of 2023/2024, this also includes a medical screening fee, integral for your enrolment.
Immediate Action Required
For those who’ve been offered a place in both Stream 1 & 2, time is of the essence. You must:
- Log in to the LASU admission portal at LASU Admission List to accept your admission promptly.
- Failing to accept this offer within the specified timeframe means forfeiting your place, and you will not be proposed for admission on JAMB CAPS.
- Ensure your O/Level results are updated on the JAMB portal at a certified CBT Centre CBT Centre. Visit O/Level Result Upload for guidance.
- If the course offered by LASU differs from your initial application, make the necessary course changes on your JAMB CAPS to validate your admission offer.
After these steps, proceed to:
- Accept the Admission offer via your JAMB CAPS account at Accept Admission on JAMB CAPS.
- Then, you’re ready to process the payment of your acceptance and medical fees.
Paying Your LASU Acceptance Fee
The non-refundable acceptance fee is N20,000.00, with an additional medical screening fee of N10,000.00. Here’s how to make the payment:
- Navigate to the LASU New e-payment portal at LASU e-Payment Portal.
- You’ll need to provide:
- Your UTME Registration Number
- Select ID Type as Student/Alumnus
- Choose Main Campus
- Select Study Type as Full-Time Undergraduate
- Specify the Purpose as Undergraduate Acceptance Fee
- Enter your personal and current Email Address
- Enter your personal and current GSM Number
- Submit your information to proceed.
- Review your displayed records, confirm the amount payable, and continue.
- Make your payment using any preferred method on the Remita platform, and securely keep your RRR code and the transaction receipt emailed to you after successful payment.
Note: The deadline for the acceptance fee payment is yet to be announced, so it’s crucial to act promptly.
A Word of Caution
The university implores all prospective students to be wary of unofficial platforms and individuals claiming to handle these payments. The Lagos State University will not be responsible for payments made through any other channels aside from the official ones detailed above.
By paying your LASU acceptance fee, you are taking an exciting leap towards your future at Lagos State University. This initial investment marks the beginning of your university journey, one filled with new learnings and experiences. So, ensure you follow the steps correctly, keep your documents safe, and prepare to embark on this thrilling new chapter of your life.
To all the candidates who have secured a place on the LASU admission list, congratulations once again! Your new chapter at Lagos State University is about to begin, and we couldn’t be more excited for you.