Zenith Bank Code: Do you have a Zenith bank account? If so, you just have heard of the Zenith bank USSD code! If you don’t know it, you are missing out on stress-free banking!
Well, if you don’t know what the Zenith Bank USSD code is or you have probably forgotten what it is, you will be taken through everything you need to know about the Zenith Bank code here on Teezab.com.ng.
Below are what this article will talk about;
- Zenith Bank Code
- Zenith Bank Transfer Code
- List of all Zenith Bank USSD Codes
- Zenith Bank Transfer Code to other bank
- How to register Zenith Bank USSD code
- How to register Zenith Bank code without ATM card
- Benefits and features of Zenith Bank USSD codes
- Requirements to activate Zenith Bank USSD code
- how to get a 5-digit pin for Zenith bank transfer
- how to block and unblock my Zenith bank USSD code
What is Zenith Bank Code
The Zenith Bank USSD code is *966#. This is Zenith Bank’s official banking code. You can use this code to perform a variety of transactions and operations without having to visit the bank. However, before you can use this code, you must first register.
Zenith Bank has remained committed to empowering the Nigerian populace with the *966# Quick Banking service as part of its financial inclusion drive. The service is set to deliver power to banks anywhere and at any time. It is quick, convenient, and easy to use and beneficiary accounts are credited instantly with alert notifications.
The *966# USSD service makes banking services available across all GSM networks, on any type of handset or device; iPhone, Android, blackberry, and even simple feature phones famously referred to in Nigerian lingo as ‘kpalasa’. It requires no internet service connection and can be used in remote locations across Nigeria. This USSD service is delivered on the customers’ registered phone numbers linked to their Zenith Bank accounts.
Requirements to Activate Zenith Bank Transfer Code
The following are the things you need to activate the Zenith Bank USSD code;
- Zenith Bank account: You need to have a Zenith bank account.
- Debit card: an active debit card linked to your account.
- Phone number: also you must have a phone number that has been linked to your account.
- Mobile phone (browsing phone or not).
How to Activate USSD Code for Zenith Bank
To be able to use the Zenith Bank transfer code, you need to activate/register first. To register for the transfer code, follow the simple steps below;
- Open your phone or call app
- Simply dial *966*00#
- Enter the debit card 4-digit PIN
- Confirm the account name displayed on the screen.
- Create and confirm a new 4-digit PIN for the USSD code.
- Congrats, you have successfully registered for the Zenith Bank transfer code.
List of Zenith Bank USSD Codes
- Zenith Bank code to check balance – *966*00#
- Zenith Bank code for transfer – *966*Amount*Account Number#
- Zenith Bank code for airtime for self – *966*amount#
- Zenith Bank code for airtime – *966*Amount*Mobile Number#
- Zenith Bank code for loan – *966*11#
- Zenith Bank code for checking BVN – *565*0#
- Zenith Bank code to check account number – *966*00#
- Update BVN details – *966*BVN#
How to Block Zenith Bank USSD Code
Simply dial *966*20*0# from any line, then enter the phone number (linked with your bank account) you want to deactivate, and that’s it.
How to Unblock Zenith Bank Transfer code
To unblock the Zenith bank USSD code, you will need to visit any Zenith Bank branch near you.
What is this code for * 966 * 911?
Dial *966*911# with any mobile phone number to stop debit transactions on your account if you lose your Debit Card or your account details get compromised.
How do I verify my Zenith account?
- Go to www.zenithbank.com/bvnupdate.
- Enter your Zenith [NUBAN] Account Number.
- Enter your BVN.
- Enter the provided Security Code and click Validate.
- On successful validation enter your token details to update and activate your account.
A little About the Zenith Bank
Zenith Bank Plc is a large financial service provider in Nigeria and Anglophone West Africa. It is licensed as a commercial bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria, the national banking regulator. As of 31 December 2019, it holds $16.1bn in total assets, with shareholders’ equity of $854 million. The company is listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange.
The Nigerian banking industry of the early 1990s was led by a select group of four major banks: Union Bank, First Bank, UBA, and Afribank. In 1999, Zenith bank embraced the use of the internet for marketing financial services and to promote the use of online banking by consumers and becoming one of the earliest companies to invest in online banking. In the early 2000s, Zenith’s profile began to rise, its investments in information technology helped it compete against the major banks that had a larger branch outreach and it soon began to announce net profits comparable to some of the older big banks.
On 17 June 2004, following a successful IPO, the bank became a public limited company. On 21 October 2004 its shares of the stock were listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE). The bank’s shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) following a listing of the $850 million worth of its shares at $6.80 each, in 2013.
The bank has equity investments in Zenith Custodian, Zenith Securities, and Zenith General Insurance.
See Also: Zenith Bank
Conclusion on Zenith Bank Transfer Code
The Zenith Bank transfer code is *966# and it can be used to perform various transactions on your account without you having to go through the stress of going to the bank. You can recharge your line and that of your friends and families with you just typing on your phone, you can send money from your account to your loved ones, you can check your account balance, and so on.
His Name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale. He is a student at the University of Ilorin studying Electrical and Electronics Engineering. He likes to give the latest updates about Nigeria and international institutions as he aims at helping people to lay their hands on the right information.