Are you an aspirant of the University of Jos, UNIJOS? Do you want to to study Medicine and Surgery in UNIJOS? Are you curious to know what the requirements to study Medicine and Surgery in UNIJOS are?
Are you among those that are asking about University of Jos Medicine and Surgery Requirements? Yes? Yes! Then, this post is for you!
Among the questions that candidates who want to study Medicine and Surgery in UNIJOS will like to have answers to are: Requirements to study Medicine and Surgery in UNIJOS, UNIJOS requirements for Medicine and Surgery, What is the the Cut-off Mark for Medicine and Surgery in UNIJOS? Does UNIJOS accept two sittings for Medicine and Surgery? What do I need to do to gain admission into Medicine and Surgery in UNIJOS? Does UNIJOS offers Medicine and Surgery as a course? How much is UNIJOS School fees for Medicine and Surgery?
I know there are more questions in your mind than those listed above but keep calm and try to read this article through. You will find answers to all the questions you might have on the requirements To study Medicine and Surgery in UNIJOS!
I will advise you to read through and avoid skipping any part of this article because every single part of this article is essential for you on your journey to becoming a bonafide Medical students at the University of Jos, UNIJOS!
Let me quickly say something, University of Jos is one of the most competitive school in Nigeria and also Medicine and Surgery is a very competitive course. I hope you know where I am going! You need to fasten your belt tightly! You need solid preparation!
I feel this introduction is becoming lengthy already but I trust you understand the need be for this introduction!
Without much further Ado, let’s dive into the real deal here!
Requirements To Study Medicine And Surgery In UNIJOS
Does UNIJOS Offer Medicine And Surgery?
YES! The University of Jos UNIJOS offers Medicine And Surgery.
Not all schools offer Medicine and Surgery as a course. Some schools offer them but are not yet accredited by the NUC while some are offering them with full accreditation.
Now that you are know UNIJOS offers Medicine And Surgery, next thing you need to know is the requirements to study Medicine And Surgery in UNIJOS.
Requirements To Study Medicine And Surgery in UNIJOS (UTME)
Below are the requirements for candidates that wish to gain admission into University of Jos through JAMB To Study Medicine And Surgery.
- You must have reached the AGE of sixteen (16) by the 31st day of October in the year of admission.
- Meet UNIJOS Medicine And Surgery Cut off Mark.
- Choose Correct JAMB Subject Combination.
- Have a good JAMB, WAEC, Post UTME Score.
- You must have at least 5 credit passes in your O level result (WAEC and NECO) including English and Mathematics before you can study Medicine And Surgery in UNIJOS.
UNIJOS Direct Entry Requirements For Medicine And Surgery
Below are the requirements for candidates that wish to gain admission into University of Jos through Direct Entry To Study Medicine And Surgery.
- A minimum of 5 credits in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) Ordinary Level Credits in a maximum of 2 sittings.
- Candidates must have ‘A’ level/IJMB passes in two subjects that are related to their area of study.
- JUPEB/A’ Level passes in Related subjects.
- Degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in related fields.
- Direct entry candidates are required to purchase the UNIJOS Direct Entry form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) And UNIJOS Portal.
- A minimum of Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND) and other Advanced Level Certificates.
- Other qualifications acceptable to the Senate of the University, and being equivalent to (1) and (6) above. In addition to the above minimum admission requirements, candidates must also satisfy such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements.
UNIJOS Cut Off Mark For Medicine And Surgery
Like I said, Medicine and Surgery in UNIJOS is very competitive. So, before one can be offered to study medicine and Surgery in the University of Jos, one must have scored a very high score in the UTME exam.
To be on the safer side, you need to score 270 and above in JAMB so as for you to have a high chance of gaining admission into the University of Jos to study Medicine And Surgery.
UNIJOS Subject Combination For Medicine And Surgery
Below is the JAMB Subject combination For Medicine And Surgery in UNIJOS.
- Use of English
Is UNIJOS Good For Medicine And Surgery?
YES! Generally, The University of Jos is one of the best Institution in Nigeria at the moment. The University of Jos thrives in an environment that fosters competitiveness, unrestrained scientific inquiry, critical thinking, innovation, and creativity which makes many always apply for admission to study Medicine And Surgery in UNIJOS and that makes it more competitive.
No doubt, the University of Jos is one of the best Universities in Nigeria to study Medicine And Surgery.
Does UNIJOS Accept Two Sittings For Medicine And Surgery?
YES! The University of Jos (UNIJOS) accepts two sittings for Medicine And Surgery.
How Many Years is Medicine And Surgery In UNIJOS?
Medicine And Surgery in UNIJOS is a 6 years course.
How Much Is UNIJOS School Fees For Medicine And Surgery?
UNIJOS school fees for Medicine And Surgery is quite affordable and cheap like most federal universities in Nigeria. It is not up to a hundred thousand Naira.
With this post, I hope I have answered all your questions! However, if you still have any questions, feel free to drop it in the comment box below and I will try my utmost best to reply as soon as possible.
Follow us on our Facebook page and we will keep you updated!
His Name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale. He is a student at the University of Ilorin studying Electrical and Electronics Engineering. He likes to give latest updates about institutions in Nigeria as he aims at helping people to lay their hands on the right information.