Are you an aspirant of the University of Benin, UNIBEN? Do you want to to study Medicine and Surgery in UNIBEN? Are you curious to know what the requirements to study Medicine and Surgery in UNIBEN are?
Are you among those that are asking about University of Benin Medicine and Surgery Requirements? Yes? Yes! Then, this post is for you!
Among the questions that candidates who want to study Medicine and Surgery in UNIBEN will like to have answers to are: Requirements to study Medicine and Surgery in UNIBEN, UNIBEN requirements for Medicine and Surgery, What is the the Cut-off Mark for Medicine and Surgery in UNIBEN? Does UNIBEN accept two sittings for Medicine and Surgery? What do I need to do to gain admission into Medicine and Surgery in UNIBEN? Does UNIBEN offers Medicine and Surgery as a course? How much is UNIBEN School fees for Medicine and Surgery?
I know there are more questions in your mind than those listed above but keep calm and try to read this article through. You will find answers to all the questions you might have on the requirements To study Medicine and Surgery in UNIBEN!
I will advise you to read through and avoid skipping any part of this article because every single part of this article is essential for you on your journey to becoming a bonafide Medical students at the University of Benin, UNIBEN!
Let me quickly say something, University of Benin is one of the most competitive school in Nigeria and also Medicine and Surgery is a very competitive course. I hope you know where I am going! You need to fasten your belt tightly! You need solid preparation!
I feel this introduction is becoming lengthy already but I trust you understand the need be for this introduction!
Without much further Ado, let’s dive into the real deal here!
Requirements To Study Medicine And Surgery In UNIBEN
Does UNIBEN Offer Medicine And Surgery?
YES! The University of Benin UNIBEN offers Medicine And Surgery.
Not all schools offer Medicine and Surgery as a course. Some schools offer them but are not yet accredited by the NUC while some are offering them with full accreditation.
Now that you are know UNIBEN offers Medicine And Surgery, next thing you need to know is the requirements to study Medicine And Surgery in UNIBEN.
Requirements To Study Medicine And Surgery in UNIBEN (UTME)
Below are the requirements for candidates that wish to gain admission into University of Benin through JAMB To Study Medicine And Surgery.
- You must have reached the AGE of sixteen (16) by the 31st day of October in the year of admission.
- Meet UNIBEN Medicine And Surgery Cut off Mark.
- Choose Correct JAMB Subject Combination.
- Have a good JAMB, WAEC, Post UTME Score.
- You must have at least 5 credit passes in your O level result (WAEC and NECO) including English and Mathematics before you can study Medicine And Surgery in UNIBEN.
UNIBEN Direct Entry Requirements For Medicine And Surgery
Below are the requirements for candidates that wish to gain admission into University of Benin through Direct Entry To Study Medicine And Surgery.
- A minimum of 5 credits in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) Ordinary Level Credits in a maximum of 2 sittings.
- Candidates must have ‘A’ level/IJMB passes in two subjects that are related to their area of study.
- JUPEB/A’ Level passes in Related subjects.
- Degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in related fields.
- Direct entry candidates are required to purchase the UNIBEN Direct Entry form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) And UNIBEN Portal.
- A minimum of Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND) and other Advanced Level Certificates.
- Other qualifications acceptable to the Senate of the University, and being equivalent to (1) and (6) above. In addition to the above minimum admission requirements, candidates must also satisfy such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements.
UNIBEN Cut Off Mark For Medicine And Surgery
Like I said, Medicine and Surgery in UNIBEN is very competitive. So, before one can be offered to study medicine and Surgery in the University of Benin, one must have scored a very high score in the UTME exam.
To be on the safer side, you need to score 270 and above in JAMB so as for you to have a high chance of gaining admission into the University of Benin to study Medicine And Surgery.
UNIBEN Subject Combination For Medicine And Surgery
Below is the JAMB Subject combination For Medicine And Surgery in UNIBEN.
- Use of English
Is UNIBEN Good For Medicine And Surgery?
YES! Generally, The University of Benin is one of the best Institution in Nigeria at the moment. The University of Benin thrives in an environment that fosters competitiveness, unrestrained scientific inquiry, critical thinking, innovation, and creativity which makes many always apply for admission to study Medicine And Surgery in UNIBEN and that makes it more competitive.
No doubt, the University of Benin is one of the best Universities in Nigeria to study Medicine And Surgery.
Does UNIBEN Accept Two Sittings For Medicine And Surgery?
Yes! The University of Benin (UNIBEN) accepts two sittings for Medicine And Surgery.
How Many Years is Medicine And Surgery In UNIBEN?
Medicine And Surgery in UNIBEN is a 6 years course.
How Much Is UNIBEN School Fees For Medicine And Surgery?
UNIBEN school fees for Medicine And Surgery is quite affordable and cheap like most federal universities in Nigeria. It is not up to a hundred thousand Naira.
With this post, I hope I have answered all your questions! However, if you still have any questions, feel free to drop it in the comment box below and I will try my utmost best to reply as soon as possible.
Follow us on our Facebook page and we will keep you updated!
His Name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale. He is a student at the University of Ilorin studying Electrical and Electronics Engineering. He likes to give latest updates about institutions in Nigeria as he aims at helping people to lay their hands on the right information.