Are you an aspirant of the University of Ilorin, UNILORIN? Do you want to study Civil Engineering in UNILORIN? Are you curious to know what the requirements to study Civil Engineering in UNILORIN are?
Are you among those that are asking about University of Ilorin Civil Engineering Requirements? Yes? Yes! Then, this post is for you!
Among the questions that candidates who want to study Civil Engineering in UNILORIN would like to have answers to are: Requirements to study Civil Engineering in UNILORIN, UNILORIN requirements for Civil Engineering, What is the Cut-off Mark for Civil Engineering in UNILORIN? Does UNILORIN accept two sittings for Civil Engineering? What do I need to do to gain admission into Civil Engineering in UNILORIN? Does UNILORIN offer Civil Engineering as a course? How much is UNILORIN School fees for Civil Engineering?
I know there are more questions in your mind than those listed above but keep calm and try to read this article through. You will find answers to all the questions you might have on the requirements To study Civil Engineering in UNILORIN!
I will advise you to read through and avoid skipping any part of this article because every single part of this article is essential for you on your journey to becoming a bonafide student at the University of Ilorin, UNILORIN!
Let me quickly say something, University of Ilorin is one of the most competitive school in Nigeria. I hope you know where I am going! You need to fasten your belt tightly! You need solid preparation! You have to score much more than your course’s cut off mark so as to have higher chances of gaining admission than the other candidates.
I feel this introduction is becoming lengthy already but I trust you understand the need for this introduction!
Without much further Ado, let’s dive into the real deal here!
Requirements To Study Civil Engineering In UNILORIN
Does UNILORIN Offer Civil Engineering?
YES! The University of Ilorin UNILORIN offers Civil Engineering.
Not all schools offer Civil Engineering as a course. Some schools offer them but are not yet accredited by the NUC while some are offering them with full accreditation.
Now that you know UNILORIN offers Civil Engineering, next thing you need to know is the requirements to study Civil Engineering in UNILORIN.
Requirements To Study Civil Engineering in UNILORIN (UTME)
Below are the requirements for candidates that wish to gain admission into University of Ilorin through JAMB To Study Civil Engineering.
- You must have reached the AGE of sixteen (16) by the 31st day of October in the year of admission.
- Meet UNILORIN Civil Engineering Cut off Mark.
- Choose Correct JAMB Subject Combination.
- Have a good JAMB, WAEC, Post UTME Score.
- You must have at least 5 credit passes in your O level result (WAEC and NECO) including English and Mathematics before you can study Civil Engineering in UNILORIN.
UNILORIN Direct Entry Requirements For Civil Engineering
Below are the requirements for candidates that wish to gain admission into University of Ilorin through Direct Entry To Study Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 credits in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) Ordinary Level Credits in a maximum of 2 sittings.
- Candidates must have ‘A’ level/IJMB passes in two subjects that are related to their area of study.
- JUPEB/A’ Level passes in Related subjects.
- Degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in related fields.
- Direct entry candidates are required to purchase the UNILORIN Direct Entry form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) And UNILORIN Portal.
- A minimum of Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND) and other Advanced Level Certificates.
- Other qualifications acceptable to the Senate of the University, and being equivalent to (1) and (6) above. In addition to the above minimum admission requirements, candidates must also satisfy such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements.
UNILORIN Cut Off Mark For Civil Engineering
Like I said, Civil Engineering in UNILORIN is very competitive. So, before one can be offered to study Civil Engineering in the University of Ilorin, one must have scored a very high score in the UTME exam.
To be on the safer side, you need to score 240 and above in JAMB so as for you to have a high chance of gaining admission into the University of Ilorin to study Civil Engineering .
UNILORIN Subject Combination For Civil Engineering
Below is the JAMB Subject combination For Civil Engineering in UNILORIN.
- Use of English language.
UNILORIN Good For Civil Engineering?
YES! Generally, The University of Ilorin is one of the best institutions in Nigeria at the moment. The University of Ilorin thrives in an environment that fosters competitiveness, unrestrained scientific inquiry, critical thinking, innovation, and creativity which makes many always apply for admission to study Civil Engineering in UNILORIN and that makes it more competitive.
No doubt, the University of Ilorin is one of the best Universities in Nigeria to study Civil Engineering .
Does UNILORIN Accept Two Sittings For Civil Engineering?
Yes! The University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) accepts two sittings for Civil Engineering.
How Many Years is Civil Engineering In UNILORIN?
Civil Engineering in UNILORIN is a 5 years course.
How Much Is UNILORIN School Fees For Civil Engineering?
UNILORIN school fees for Civil Engineering is quite affordable and cheap like most federal universities in Nigeria. It is not up to a hundred thousand Naira.
With this post, I hope I have answered all your questions! However, if you still have any questions, feel free to drop it in the comment box below and I will try my utmost best to reply as soon as possible.
Follow us on our Facebook page and we will keep you updated!
His Name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale. He is a student at the University of Ilorin studying Electrical and Electronics Engineering. He likes to give the latest updates about Nigeria and international institutions as he aims at helping people to lay their hands on the right information.