PTDF scholarship (Petroleum Technology Development Fund) is a MSc and PhD scholarship sponsor for qualified applicants both in the country Nigeria and overseas, the 2023 deadline of PTDF is 24th of march 2023.
PTDF scholarship came into existence by Nigeria Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources agency to increase petroleum (oil & gas) technology, PTDF scholarship was setup by law so as to promote and develop Petroleum technology in Nigeria and they develop this PTDF scholarship to train students.
PTDF scholarship will provide full tuition for Federal Universities in Nigeria and the scholarship has an award for both Nigeria, UK, US, France and Germany + other top institutions across the world.
In this article, we will explain PTDF scholarship, Deadline, Eligibility, Requirements & its Shortlist for the year 2023.
PTDF MSc Eligibility Criteria
For you to be eligible for PTDF scholarship as MSc holder in 2023 you must have all these below;
- Applicants must be computer literate
- Applicants must have he/her National Youth Certificate (NYC)
- Must have a minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas (petroleum) course with little industry experience.
- Applicant must have good credit in his/her O’Level results either WAEC/NECO but C6 in WAEC & C4 above in NECO.
- Age must not be over 30 years old
PTDF PhD Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for PhD holder in Nigeria for you to be qualified for PTDF scholarship are listed below:
- Must have attend Oil and gas Nigeria institution with minimum of 2.2 in the applicant first degree
- A minimum of merit in applicant second degree certificate in oil and gas (Petroleum)
- Applicant must compose and submit a research proposal of 5 pages related to oil and gas Topic, introduction, objective, methodology relevance to the industry and mode of data collection in the industry
- Applicant must possess a valid admission letter.
- Candidates who are Nigerian citizens must provide their NYSC discharge certificate or exemption letter.
PTDF Scholarship Eligibility Criteria For Overseas
The eligibility criteria for the PTDF Overseas Scholarship are as follows:
- English language proficiency: The applicant must possess a good command of the English language, which is the language of instruction in most universities outside Nigeria.
- Health: The applicant must be medically fit and must provide a medical certificate of fitness from a recognized hospital.
- Industry experience: Applicants who work in the oil and gas industry or related fields may have an added advantage.
- The applicant must have a minimum of second class upper division (2:1) in their first degree or a second class lower division (2:2) with a relevant master’s degree in the oil and gas industry.
- Candidates must provide an admission letter into an oil and gas related field of study at any of the PTDF partnership universities in the United Kingdom or France.
Required Document for PTDF Scholarship
The documents required for the PTDF scholarship are as follows:
- Candidates must provide a comprehensive CV detailing their educational and work experience
- NYSC discharge certificate
- Admission Letter
- 2 passports photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter.
PTDF Scholarship Deadline
The deadline of PTDF scholarship is March 24th of March 2023, so all the interested student who meet the requirements should apply before the deadline of the scholarship.
How to Apply for PTDF Scholarship
To apply for PTDF in Nigeria and overseas you need to follow the following steps below:
- Go to PTDF official portal https://scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng/
- Register now by creating an applicant account
- After that, fill in your personal information like name, email
- Upload your required documents.
- Then click submit.
Thank you for reading this post from beginning to end! Kindly drop a comment if you find the blog post useful.
His Name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale. He is a student at the University of Ilorin studying Electrical and Electronics Engineering. He likes to give the latest updates about Nigeria and international institutions as he aims at helping people to lay their hands on the right information.