The Nigerian Law School is an educational institution that was founded and established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in Lagos under the Legal Education Act 1962 (Consolidation Etc) Act Cap. L10, Laws of the Federation, 2004 the Law School remained in Lagos from 1962 to December 1997. It was set up to train and educate the Nigerians who got qualifications in Law and also aims to provide Nigerian with knowledge in the field of Law and to provide more practical training to those looking forward in practicing Legal Laws in Nigerian.
The Nigerian Law School was also founded on the principle to train and educate Nigeria who are willingly and ready to engage themselves in vocational skills, which will enable them to function optimally as solicitors and barristers in making the world be in a better place.
The Nigerian Law School was set up to provide Nigerian a legal education to train lawyers, and a mission to prepare every student for responsibilities, various challenges and rewards of a legal professional.
How To Apply For Nigerian Law School Application Form 2023
1.Candidates who are interested in the application are to visit the Nigerian School Website: www.nigerianlawschool.edu.ng so as to read and follow the guidelines to complete the application form.
2. Candidates should click on Addmissios and select Bar Part 1.
3. Follow the guidelines, complete and submit the online application form.
4. Candidates should print a copy of the submitted online application form and return the form to the council of Legal Education.
5. You should download and print in black copies of Forms B, B1 & B2.
6. You are to submit Form B (Faculty Ref. Form) to the Dean of your faculty(Law) who is to complete Form B, and forwarded to the Law school.
7. You are to download copies of Employer’s Reference Forms B1 and Letter of Release, Form B2 are to be completed by the applicant’s employer if he/she has been in regular employment for a period of not less than one year immediately preceding the time of application, and in any other case by his/her employer to whom he/she has given at least one year of continued service, and forwarded as indicated in the form.
Accommodation is very limited but it will be provided on the first come basis for students for the duration of course and rooms will be shared. Schools hostels will be made at the beginning of the program and no student will be allowed into the hostel before allocation. Students are to arrange for their own laundry and curtains and students who does not get accommodation should make private arrangements on how to get hostel.
COMMENCEMENT OF SESSION
Session will commence on 1st of February 2023. The ongoing training course in the Law School is a fulltime course. Students are not allowed to undertake any form of employment or business during the course. An act of breaking the rule will lead to expulsion from the School and might result in a permanent disqualification for admission. Students in gainful business or employment are advised to acquire leave of study or absence leave from their employers before commencing further in the course.
All application forms with the references on applicants must be completed and returned to reach the Office of the secretary to the council of Legal Education/Director of Administration, NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOL, HEADQUARTERS, BWARI, P.M.B 170, GARKI, ABUJA, NIGERIA not later than April 28 and May 12 2022 for forms, and references respectively. The applicants must ensure that their references must be in accordance with this date. If the application and references are received after the deadline it will not be accepted.