Are you participating in the 2022 UTME? If yes, then that means you are among those that are searching online for the 2022 JAMB Principles of Account Syllabus for the UTME Examination! Many people keep searching online for the JAMB Syllabus for Principles of Account.
Well, you need not search anymore because you have finally arrived on the right page! Teezab.com.ng will always give you the best and correct information!
The syllabus is the easiest and convenient way to get relevant information regarding each subject’s Objectives, Topics, Contents, Notes, and Recommended Textbooks.
I believe you are a smart one and that is why you are searching for the JAMB 2022 Principles of Account Syllabus for the UTME! So, be calm and read through!! Do not skip any part of this post as every single part of this post is essential for you to know if you wish to score high in this year’s UTME!
Well, without wasting much of your time, let’s dive into the real deal here! Here, you will find the JAMB Syllabus for Principles of Account! Read through this post and you can also download the PDF!
Also, try to bookmark this page so you won’t miss out on any update!
You can also subscribe to our website by entering your email and clicking on subscribe button below! We will notify you anytime there is a new update!
JAMB Principles of Account Syllabus for 2022/2023 UTME [Read & Download PDF]
This is to Inform the general public most especially those that are going to participate in the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination UTME that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board JAMB has released the syllabus for Principles of Account for the 2022 UTME.
Hope you’ve checked the Subject Combination for your course? If not, please scroll up and check! It is very important so as not to choose wrongly because it might later affect you!
JAMB Principles of Account Syllabus for 2022 UTME
Try to get to the bottom of this post to see the JAMB recommended Textbook for Principles of Account! Get a Textbook and read! Also, try to make sure you practice JAMB Past Questions so as to familiarize yourself with the way JAMB sets questions! Hope you are noting those tips on how to get a high score in JAMB? YES! I know you are very smart!!!
JAMB Principles of Account Syllabus 2022/2023 General Objective
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in Principles of Accounts is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination. It is designed to test their achievement of the course objectives, which are to:
- Stimulate and sustain their interest in Principles of Accounts;
- Use the basic knowledge of and practical skills in Accounting;
- Apply the knowledge of interpretation of accounting information to decision making;
- Determine the relevance of accounting to business and governments;
- Use information and communication technology for present and future challenges.
JAMB Principles of Account Syllabus 2022/2023
1. Nature and Significance of Accounting
a. Development of accounting (including branches of accounting)
b. Objectives of bookkeeping and accounting;
c. Principles, concepts and conventions of accounting (nature, significance and
d. Role of accounting records and information
2. Principles of Double Entry
a. Functions of source documents
b. Books of original entry
c. Accounting equation
d. The ledger and its classifications
e. Trial balance
f. Types and treatment of errors and use of suspense account
3. Cash Book
a. Petty cash book and the imprest system
b. Columnar cash books
4. Bank Transactions and Reconciliation Statements
a. Instrument of bank transactions
b. e-banking system
c. Courses of discrepancies between cash book and bank statement
d. Bank reconciliation statement
5. The Final Accounts of a Sole Trader
a. Trading and profit and loss account
b. Balance sheet
i. provision for bad and doubtful debt
ii. provision for discounts
iii. provision for depreciation using the straight line and reducing balance methods
iv. accruals and prepayments
6. Stock Valuation
a. Methods of cost determination using FIFO, LIFO, and simple average
b. The advantages and disadvantages of the methods
c. The importance of stock valuation
7. Control Accounts and Self-balancing Ledgers
a. Uses of control accounts
b. Purchases ledger control account
c. Sales ledger control account
8. Incomplete Records and Single Entry
a. Conversion of single entry to double entry
b. Determination of missing figures
c. Preparation of final accounts from incomplete records
9. Manufacturing Accounts
a. Cost classification
b. Cost apportionment
c. Preparation of manufacturing account
10. Accounts of Not-For-Profit-Making Organizations.
a. Objectives of not-for-profit making organizations
b. Receipts and payments account
c. Income and expenditure account
d. Balance sheet
11. Departmental Accounts
b. Apportionment of expenses
c. Departmental trading and profit and loss account
12. Branch Accounts
b. Branch accounts in the head office books
c. Head office account
d. Reconciliation of branch and head office books
13. Partnership Accounts
a. Formation of partnership
b. Profit and loss account
c. Appropriation account
d. Partners current and capital accounts
e. Treatment of goodwill
f. Admission/retirement of a partner
g. Dissolution of partnership
h. Conversion of a partnership to a company
14. Introduction to Company Accounts
a. Formation and classification of companies
b. Issue of shares and debentures
c. Forms of final accounts of companies
d. Interpretation of accounts using ratios.
e. Distinction between capital and revenue reserves
15. Public Sector Accounting
a. Comparison of cash and accrual basis of accounting
b. Sources of government revenue
c. Capital and recurrent expenditure
d. Consolidated revenue fund
e. Statement of assets and liabilities
f. Responsibilities and powers of:
i. The Accountant General
ii. The Auditor General
i. The Minister of Finance
ii. The Treasurer of local government
g. Instruments of financial regulation
Jamb Principle of Accounts Syllabus Recommended Textbook
- Adeifa O. Ajileye, J. O and Oluwasanna, R. O (2001). Get your Financial Accounting Right. Book One: Oyo, Tenlad Press International.
- Ajileye, J. O. and Adetifa O. (2001). Get your Financial Accounting Right, Book Two: Lagos: De Hadey Printing Services
- Akinduko, A. O (2001). Basic Accounting: Akure: Spetins
- Anao, A. R (1993). An Introduction to Financial Accounting, Lagos: Longman
- Awoyemi, E. O. (1989). A guide to Government Accounting and Internal Audit, Ibadan: Onibonje Press
- Dodge, R. (2002). Foundation of Business Accounting, (Second Edition), Bershire: Chapman and Hall
- Ekwere, A. B. (1997). Contemporary Accounting, Abuja: Aflon Finance (Control and Management) Act 1959
- Frank, W. and Omuya, J. O. (1988). Book keeping and Accounting for Senior Secondary Schools, Vols. 1 & 2 London: Pitman
- Hassan M. M. (2001). Government Accounting, Lagos: Malthouse Press Limited
- Igben, R. O. (2004). Financial Accounting Made Simple (Vol. I) Lagos: Roi Publishers
- Longe, O. A. and Kazeem, R. A (2006). Essential Financial Accounting for Senior Secondary Schools: Lagos: Tonad Publishers Limited
- Millichamp, A. H. (1989). Foundation Accounting: An Introduction manual for Accounting Students, London: DP Publications
- Okwoli, A. A. (1995). Financial Accounting, Zaria: Tamaza Publishers
- Oshisami, K. (1997). Government Accounting and Financial Control: Ibadan: Spectrum
If you find this post – JAMB Syllabus 2022 UTME for Principles of Account- helpful and informative, kindly use the share button below to share with your friends!
If you have any question to ask, please feel free to drop it in the comment box below! I will make sure to reply to you as soon as possible and I will also try my best to give you a reply that will be satisfactory!
Follow our Facebook page and we will keep you updated! Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our website by entering your email and clicking the subscribe button below!
His Name is Tiamiyu Abdulbazeet Olawale. He is a student at the University of Ilorin studying Electrical and Electronics Engineering. He likes to give the latest updates about Nigeria and international institutions as he aims at helping people to lay their hands on the right information.