Are you a student who went to study law in any tertiary institutions available In Nigeria, you are at the right blog post which gives vivid information about jamb subject combination for law.
The subject combination requirement for studying law in Nigeria is an important aspect of JAMB that every student aspiring to study law must be familiar with.
In this article, we will explore the JAMB subject combination for law, the core and elective subjects required, and tips for students who want to apply for law in JAMB.
What is Jamb Subject Combination for Law?
the JAMB subject combination for law is essential for students who want to study law in Nigeria. Each subject has its unique importance and relevance to the legal system.
English Language and Literature in English help students to develop their communication and reading skills, while Government/History and Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies help students to understand the legal and political systems in Nigeria.
The jamb subject combination for law in all institutions is listed below;
- English Language
- Literature in English
- Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies
O’Level Requirements to study Law
In addition to the JAMB subject combination, there are also specific WAEC required subjects for students who want to study law in Nigeria. WAEC (West African Examinations Council) is a regional examination body responsible for conducting examinations in West Africa.
The WAEC required subjects for law in Nigeria are similar to the JAMB subject combination. They include:
- Literature in English
- Any other two subjects: In addition to the real jamb subjects combination for law, law students are required to choose two other subjects from the list of approved WAEC subjects. These subjects can be chosen based on the student’s interests and strengths.
It is important for students who want to study law in Nigeria to understand the WAEC subject combination and choose their subjects carefully. Like the JAMB subject combination, the WAEC required subjects for law in Nigeria are important for admission consideration into law programs in Nigerian universities.
Direct Entry (DE) Requirements To Study Law
For candidates who wish to study law in Nigeria through the Direct Entry mode, there are specific requirements they must meet.
The Direct Entry requirements to study law in Nigeria are as follows:
- You should have a minimum of 5 credits in Ordinary Level (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB), with a maximum of two sittings.
- You should have a minimum of a Merit Pass in the National Diploma (ND), National Certificate of Education (NCE), and other Advanced Level Certificates.
- If you have a degree in the related field, it should be a First Class or Second Class Upper.
- Purchase the Direct Entry form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- You should meet other qualifications acceptable to the senate of your university of choice.
- You must meet the Faculty/Departmental entry requirements of your preferred university.
Federal Universities That Offers Law In Nigeria
If you are about to study law In Nigeria Federal university, you must know all the federal universities that offer Law as a course.
Here are the Federal Universities in Nigeria that offer Law:
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Bayero University, Kano
- Federal University, Lafia
- Federal University, Otuoke
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi
- Federal University, Dutse
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma
- Federal University, Gashua
- Federal University, Gusau
- Federal University, Kashere
- Federal University, Lokoja
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
- Federal University, Wukari
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- National Open University of Nigeria
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- University of Abuja, Abuja
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Calabar, Calabar
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Jos, Jos
- University of Lagos, Akoka
- University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port-Harcourt, Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo, Uyo
- JAMB Subject Combination for Public Administration 2023
- Jamb Subject Combination For Fisheries
- JAMB Subject Combination for Business Administration 2023
- Jamb Subject Combination For Estate Management
- Jamb Subject Combination For Mass Communication
- JAMB Subject Combination for Biology 2023