Are you a student who went to study Fisheries in any tertiary institutions available In Nigeria, you are at the right blog post which gives vivid information about JAMB subject combination for Fisheries.
The subject combination requirement for studying Fisheries in Nigeria is an important aspect of JAMB that every student aspiring to study Fisheries must be familiar with.
In this article, we will explore the JAMB subject combination for Fisheries, the core and elective subjects required, and tips for students who want to apply for Fisheries in JAMB.
What is JAMB Subject Combination for Fisheries?
The JAMB subject combination for Fisheries is essential for students who want to study Fisheries in Nigeria. Each subject has its unique importance and relevance to the legal system.
The JAMB subject combination for Fisheries in all institutions is listed below;
- Use of English
- Biology/Agricultural Science
- and any other Science subject.
O’Level Requirements to study Fisheries
In addition to the JAMB subject combination, there are also specific WAEC required subjects for students who want to study Fisheries in Nigeria. WAEC (West African Examinations Council) is a regional examination body responsible for conducting examinations in West Africa.
The WAEC required subjects for Fisheries in Nigeria are similar to the JAMB subject combination. They include:
- Biology/Agricultural Science
- and English Language
- plus any other Science subject (Physics).
It is important for students who want to study Fisheries in Nigeria to understand the WAEC subject combination and choose their subjects carefully. Like the JAMB subject combination, the WAEC required subjects for Fisheries in Nigeria are important for admission consideration into Fisheries programs in Nigerian universities.
Direct Entry (DE) Requirements To Study Fisheries
For candidates who wish to study Fisheries in Nigeria through the Direct Entry mode, there are specific requirements they must meet.
The Direct Entry requirements to study Fisheries in Nigeria are as follows:
- You should have a minimum of 5 credits in Ordinary Level (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB), with a maximum of two sittings.
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in any of Chemistry, Biology, Botany, Zoology, Agricultural Science Geography, Mathematics (pure & applied), Physics, Geology and Economics.
- NCE Agriculture
- You should have a minimum of a Merit Pass in the National Diploma (ND), National Certificate of Education (NCE), and other Advanced Level Certificates.
- Purchase the Direct Entry form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- You should meet other qualifications acceptable to the senate of your university of choice.
- You must meet the Faculty/Departmental entry requirements of your preferred university.
Federal Universities That Offers Fisheries In Nigeria
If you are about to study Fisheries In Nigeria Federal university, you must know all the federal universities that offer Fisheries as a course.
Here are the Federal Universities & Federal Poly in Nigeria that offer Fisheries:
- Adamawa State University, Mubi
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden
- Bayero University, Kano
- Crescent University, Abeokuta
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure
- Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola
- Osun State University, Osogbo
- Salem University, Lokoja
- University of Benin
- JAMB Subject Combination for Public Administration 2023
- Jamb Subject Combination For Entrepreneurship
- JAMB Subject Combination for Business Administration 2023
- Jamb Subject Combination For Estate Management
- Jamb Subject Combination For Mass Communication
- JAMB Subject Combination for Biology 2023